Fixed Term, Maternity Cover Role & Office-Based Contract of 12 Months at 39 Hours per Week
Content & Curriculum
- To provide support to the Education Lead and Education Team to ensure educational content and associated resources are accurately described and mapped to the appropriate curricula.
- To provide pedagogic and curriculum input into the development of EducationCity’s learning and teaching resources.
- To help write and edit content specifications, and support the production process.
- To support the Education Lead in providing educational advice and guidance to the Content & Curriculum Team and the wider organisation.
- To ensure that all content is fully and accurately described by using the content management system (CMS) and its associated tools.
- To help in the correlation of educational resources to specific objectives across a range of national and international curricula.
- To aid in the creation and ongoing maintenance of new/additional Curriculum Maps.
- Supporting the planning, developing and editing of written content specifications in collaboration with the Education and Production Team.
- Reviewing existing EducationCity resources in relation to recent curriculum developments and revised learning objectives, and helping write new content to meet these criteria.
- Supporting the writing of specifications for new activities.
- Reviewing graphics, text and voiceover for all content types, including multiplayer online competitions.
- Helping write Activity Sheets for use in the classroom.
- Maintaining and building upon good sources of educational information and current research/thinking in specific subject areas.
Education & Experience:
- Educated to degree level or professional standard (TA3/4 or HLTA).
- A minimum of three years’ primary classroom experience.
- Experience in using digital technologies in the classroom.
- Experience of sourcing educational information and resources.
- Commitment to the use of rich media content in the classroom to support learning and teaching.
- Experience in using interactive materials in the classroom.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Formal teaching qualification or significant classroom experience.
- A clear, concise and engaging writing style, as well as first-rate command of the English language (including spelling, mechanics and punctuation).
- The ability to work both as a member of a team or independently when required.
- To be able to work to tight deadlines when needed.
- Knowledge and understanding of the current educational landscape across the UK.
- A good level of competence and IT literacy across a range of ICT tools, including MS Office.
- Confident in both verbal and written communications, and able to communicate with a range of people at varying organisational levels.
- Classroom teacher with QTS.
- Knowledge of other international curricula.
- Experience in content creation.
Candidates may submit their CV to Pat Mainprize – Education Lead