Content & Curriculum
- To provide pedagogic and curriculum input into the development of EducationCity’s learning and teaching resources.
- To write and edit content specifications, and support the production process.
- To support the Education Lead in providing educational advice and guidance to the Content & Curriculum Team and the wider organisation.
- To support specific curriculum areas and provide guidance in curriculum alignment to the UK national curricula.
- Planning, developing and editing written content specifications in collaboration with the Production Team.
- Reviewing existing EducationCity resources in relation to recent curriculum developments and revised learning objectives, and writing new content to meet these criteria.
- Writing specifications for new activities.
- Reviewing graphics, text and voiceover for all content types, including multiplayer online competitions.
- Providing advice about the best way to teach specific concepts and supporting educational best practice.
- Writing and editing supplementary materials for use in the classroom.
- Providing information on specific educational issues.
- Maintaining and building upon good sources of educational information and current research/thinking in specific subject areas.
Education & Experience:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Formal teaching qualification to include QTS.
- A minimum of five years’ teaching experience as a primary classroom practitioner.
- Experience of leading a curriculum area (preferably English, mathematics or science).
- Broad and in-depth experience of using digital technologies in the classroom.
- Good experience of sourcing educational information and resources.
- Commitment to the use of rich media content in the classroom to support learning and teaching.
- Experience in using interactive materials in the classroom.
Skills & Knowledge:
- A clear, concise and engaging writing style.
- First-rate command of the English language (including spelling, mechanics and punctuation).
- The ability to work both as a member of the Education Team or independently as required.
- To be able to work to tight deadlines when needed.
- Knowledge and understanding of the current educational landscape across the UK.
- Confidence and competence in developing educational resources that support English, mathematics, science and computing.
- Curriculum coordinator or phase/Key Stage leader.
- A reasonable degree of fluency in either French or Spanish.
- Knowledge of other international curricula.
Candidates may submit their CV to Pat Mainprize – Education Lead