Sales & Marketing
Head of International School Sales
- The individual will be required to deal with both international schools and at times to drive the sales of new subscriptions/renewals per school, and increase uptake of new products per region.
- The individual will be required to build consultative relationships with schools, building educational credibility, and demonstrating fully our award-winning products (for both UK and US curriculum).
- You will look to achieve best practices, sharing experience throughout the team. You will understand the overall team performance in relation to both direct sales and partners, and understand the actions required to meet these objectives.
- You will act as an ‘Account Manager’, dealing with all areas of the above sales processes from an ‘Educator First’ perspective.
- This is a full-time role of 39 hours per week (salary in line with experience). There is also an individual performance-based bonus scheme.
This position is based in our office which is located in Oakham, Rutland, UK.
- Drive both new business whilst also managing and renewing our existing customers.
- You will be tasked with researching and targeting international schools, with a view to exploring their goals, needs and finding suitable products to meet these needs.
- You will be able to work consultatively with schools and engage with them fully throughout the sales cycle, knowing when to nurture and then close accounts based on interaction.
- You will be an effective communicator, tailoring interactions to the educator and their needs.
- You will need to be a self-starter, using research and initiative to hunt out opportunities.
- Be able overcome objections and close sales, whilst achieving a consultative balance.
- Be able to negotiate, particularly during the ‘close’ phase of the sales cycle.
- Have strong research skills, knowing the key educational information required and where to find it in order to build knowledge and credibility.
- You will have clear knowledge and understanding of progress versus strategic business initiatives.
- You will be responsible for and take ownership of meeting individual sales and KPI expectations.
- You will be accountable for liaising with existing subscribers and handling retention.
- You will be expected to follow correct procedures in relation to recording account histories as they progress through the sales life cycle.
- Have an understanding of the importance of upselling and be able to upsell to accounts where appropriate.
- Responsible for identifying accounts’ needs and have full ownership of your accounts, as well as managing these effectively.
- Understands pipeline and owns this, reporting on opportunities in real-time and with accuracy.
- Work towards and achieve daily/monthly targets; go above and beyond expectations to ensure that these are achieved.
- Provide an exemplary customer service approach to all accounts.
- Be accountable for own sales performance and pro-actively seek ways to improve.
- Work closely with the business development team, keeping all stakeholders up-to-date with developments or requirements
- You will be fully driven to achieve personal KPI’s and understand the contribution required to the overall team effort.
- You will have thorough product knowledge and know how our products work from a teacher’s perspective and in real-world school scenarios.
- You will take the lead in ensuring that you are up-to-date with product knowledge, proactively seeking out updates and upskilling yourself.
- You have a responsibility to represent the ‘Educator First’ values of the organisation.
- Be flexible (if required) with working hours, as we may have to look at different time zones.
- There may be, as and when appropriate, opportunities to travel abroad to work with schools and partners on the ground.
- Support other team members when issues arise, using specific knowledge or expertise.
- Ensure there is a handover of key responsibilities if off sick or on holiday.
Education & Experience:
- Previous sales experience and an understanding of account management is essential.
- Understanding of the international education market (not essential but desirable).
- Previous telephone experience is essential
- Have IT competence, including basic IT literacy, MS Office and email.
- Previous sales experience is essential (preferably consultative and with experience of the education market).
- You need to be organised, self-motivated and be target driven.
- Be confident in dealing with external customers, building relationships and customer confidence effectively.
- Have a natural aptitude for consultative sales, such as being able to understand the needs of customers and be able to question them effectively as part of this process.
- Be enthusiastic in your approach to our product and demonstrate strong communication skills, especially spoken, and have a good telephone manner.
- Have the ability to communicate remotely using appropriate technology.
- You must be able to take on board feedback/constructive criticism and be resourceful.
Candidates may submit their CV to Charlotte Kennedy – Director of Sales