Reports To: Lead Producer
The Producer role reports to the Lead Producer and works closely with internal partners, including other Producers, Content Operations Specialists, Content Designers and Artists, in a collaborative team that spans the globe. They may also be required to work with external talent such as graphic artists and voice-over artists to produce, enhance and modify educational content, including but not limited to lessons, videos, educational activities, assessments and printable materials. The primary focus is on the collaboration with internal and external partners to ensure that all produced content is of the highest quality and meets all design specifications. This person is responsible for conducting programmatic updates, maintenance, and production of high-quality multimedia content for Edmentum programs. They will serve as an essential resource to help maintain the high level of quality in all of our educational material by establishing rigorous quality control, remediating any issues that are uncovered and informing future processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Produce educational content in the form of interactive multimedia experiences, videos and print materials within the parameters set by the Learning and Content Design teams.
- Communicate and collaborate with teammates and internal partners regarding project status, quality, performance and general information.
- Ensure quality to our customers by embedding good QA practices throughout the production process.
- Organise and prioritise day-to-day workflow, coordinating with other members of the Producer team, as well as other teams across Edmentum.
- Create, edit and process scripts and voice-over files for multimedia projects based on prepared specifications.
- Source assets from internal and external sources (such as images from Shutterstock or similar) that meet project design specifications and adhere to Edmentum guidelines.
- Conduct thorough quality checks of content against original specification and other relevant guidelines such as Edmentum’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusivity.
- Identify, assess, prioritise and escalate risks to leadership while proposing potential solutions.
- Maintain documentation and shared production libraries to enable efficient production across the team.
- Own the production of content assets and packages via authoring tools (e.g., Lessons, Items in Courses, Practice, Forms).
- Work in cross-functional teams to develop, maintain and facilitate quality control processes to minimise production bugs and issues.
- Ensure there is a hand-over of key responsibilities before taking protracted periods of leave.
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to your skill levels from time to time to meet the needs of the business.
- Meet the goals set as part of your talent and performance cycle.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Multimedia, Education, Business or similar, or
- Two years’ experience in a multimedia position with a proven track record of high-quality digital content creation and project management
- Exceptional technical expertise in multimedia technology
- Strong collaboration skills and must be a team player
- Knowledge, or experience, of Agile project management principles
- An understanding of HTML5 and XML
- Exceptional writing, editing, communication and presentation skills
- Careful attention to detail
- Strong creative and critical thinking skills
- Exceptional organisational and time-management skills
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
- Positive and high-energy attitude
- Experience working on projects in a multi-faceted and fast-paced environment
- Experience working in cross-functional teams
- Experience working with virtual teams
- Knowledge of standard software (Word, Excel, etc.) and ability to learn new applications
- An interest in education and education media preferred
- A great team player, able to work with individuals from across the global business and gain their trust and support
Please send your curriculum vitae to James.Lison@Edmentum.com.