In this role, you will support the maintenance and development of customer-facing applications, both for in-house systems, end-user SaaS products and HTML content. You will assist with the estimation, design and roll-out of development as part of an Agile environment, and engage primarily in full-stack web-based development.
- Development and maintenance of new and existing features across a number of languages and disciplines, including Angular (both 1.x and 5/6.x), PHP, CSS/SCSS, HTML5 and MySQL.
- Through the use of an Agile Scrum methodology, input towards the overarching delivery of quality, performant and scalable applications.
- Communicate with your Scrum Master and peers to ensure that development follows best practice principles.
- Use tools such as Jira, Bitbucket and an internal wiki to produce adequate documentation for the code written.
- Use team meetings and Agile rituals to input towards the progress and shape of the ongoing development strategy.
- Personal responsibility for meeting the goals highlighted in ongoing reviews.
Education & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ commercial PHP programming experience, and a software engineering related qualification or compatible experience within the industry.
- Qualifications more focused on programming than on graphic design are preferred.
Skills & Compentencies
- Strong working knowledge of OOPHP, design patterns and client side languages.
- Experience of working with databases, creating optimal data storage solutions.
- Experience of API development and integration.
- Working knowledge of version control systems.
- Willingness to work with existing code bases.
- Appreciation for good usability and design.
- Working knowledge and experience of MVC code implementation.
- Practical experience of working as part of an Agile Scrum Team, following standard scrum practices.
- Experience of using or dealing with SCSS, Grunt/Gulp, responsive design, unit testing, continuous integration, and Linux knowledge.
- Bringing new ideas and technologies to the existing team.
- Accurate with good attention to detail, working quickly without sacrificing quality.
- Ability to work on your own initiative and as a team player.
- Communicate well with other EducationCity employees, particularly other team members and the team leader.
- Able to consistently work to given priorities and deadlines, and gain satisfaction from completing tasks.
- Happy taking guidance and constructive feedback, and being keen to learn.
Candidates may submit their CV to Matt Frost – Development Director