Please note that this role is maternity cover with a fixed term 12 month contract.
- The EducationCity QA Team is responsible for ensuring reliable and measurable testing of the customer-facing online product offering, back-office systems and in-house built content creation tools.
- The team has a secondary responsibility for designing and enabling controls elsewhere in the development operation to ensure quality is embedded throughout the software development lifecycle.
- This vacancy is an opportunity to join this testing operation, and for an IT-literate and committed professional who is ready to work in an Agile project environment.
- Approved candidates will be invited to an assessment, which includes a structured interview and a brief scenario-based competency test.
- Salary is variable and dependent on relevant experience.
- This is a full-time role of 39 hours per week with ½ hour for lunch.
- Use varied levels of business input to design and plan testing, suitable to a given project.
- Responsible for the execution of this testing, and helping to derive meaningful conclusions from the execution results.
- Input towards the overarching quality of EducationCity products, both internal and external.
- Continually commit to the improvement and efficient expansion of QA processes and procedures, to help sustain EducationCity’s position in a competitive market.
- Help to maintain a suite of automated tests for multiple platforms.
Education & Experience:
- At least one year’s experience in extracting requirements, planning and designing tests, and executing test cycles in software development and/or project-driven environments.
- Previous involvement in Agile project work would be beneficial.
- Understanding and experience of the educational market is preferable.
- Proven ability to quickly understand and apply processes to a given situation.
Skills & Competencies
- Assist Senior QA in shaping and leading Agile sprint workflow.
- Excellent practical application of test design techniques and practices.
- Proven ability to work to deadlines.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A keen eye for detail.
- Ability to work flexibly, with attention to detail under own initiative or as a team.
- Keen to develop a career in Quality Assurance.
- Proficiency in designing or executing both manual and automated tests.
- Previous experience in Agile development models, including task prioritisation.
- Experience in other areas of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Candidates may submit their CV to Matt Frost – Development Director