Head of UK Sales
- Responsible for the direct sales of EducationCity to primary schools within local authorities across the United Kingdom. The candidate will be motivated to drive forward existing business sales individually, as well as across the UK operation as a whole.
- You will play a crucial role in building relationships with existing subscribers, ensuring you maximise on every opportunity. You will provide upselling solutions tailored to needs and based upon real-life classroom activity.
- The individual will be a strong consultative seller, going above and beyond to secure monthly KPI targets and have the aptitude and attitude to identify and realise opportunities that push existing business growth forward.
- Manage renewal accounts that will be at different stages of their subscriptions, identifying potential renewal opportunities and upsell opportunities, and proactively engaging customers to get the best results.
- Have strong negotiation skills that allow every account to be maximised, supporting schools with options that suit their budgets whilst still meeting sales and discounting targets.
- Use initiative to seek opportunities to exceed personal and team targets.
- Can provide quality and quantity in terms of expected call rates and is self-motivated to ensure this meets daily expectations.
- Excellent at overcoming objections through the effective questioning, the identification of needs, and good positioning of product value.
- Build credibility by working closely with schools to determine their academic goals, providing guidance and support in using EducationCity to achieve these upon renewal.
- Understand product usage in the real-life classroom and be able to translate this into day-to-day conversations, identifying the right areas of focus to increase usage.
- Ensure that schools are equipped with all product requirements and provide consultative support with upselling in any areas of need; being able to quickly identify these and acting on them effectively.
- Understand the educational market and keep abreast of current market trends and insights to coincide with your approach to the sale, i.e., budgets/workload with empathy for the school’s situation.
- Take accountability for any non-renewing accounts and ensure that you have looked at all avenues to understand the rationale and provide tailored solutions to the school to help overcome this.
- Provide remote training where applicable, have strong product knowledge and an ability to be dynamic with your training approach.
- Have a strong understanding of educational terminology and be able to confidently use it in everyday conversations with schools.
- Acts as a product and positioning expert to support our teacher first strategy, sharing this across the operation where necessary.
Skills & Competencies
- Proven work experience in a target-driven sales environment with an understanding of how to identify and maximise all sales opportunities.
- Skills in conflict resolution and the ability to deal with different types of customers, as well as having confidence with handling objections.
- Be resilient, hardworking and strive to get the best results as an individual and for the business.
- Have a natural aptitude for understanding customer needs.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate technical competency and confident use of Office packages, as well as online communication methods.
- Be a team player, both within your own team and the wider business.
- Excellent self-management and organisational skills.
- The ability to identify potential problems and use initiative to problem solve.
- Experience working in the education sector with a good understanding of school processes and needs.
Candidates may submit their CV to Charlotte Kennedy – Head of UK Sales