Do you know that there are over 6,000 languages spoken in the world?
That’s what the European Day of Languages aims to celebrate, by showing people across Europe how important languages are and what fun they can be.
Celebrate languages with EducationCity.com
Here are our top suggestions on how to celebrate with EducationCity.com:
- Sing songs in French, Spanish, German and English
- Learn greetings in a multilingual assembly
- Play languages games
- Prepare some poster activities
- Create a European wall display with cultural facts
- Learn some top facts about France, Spain and Germany
- Organise a treasure hunt around school with clues in French, Spanish or German!
- Food tasting – try traditional foods from different countries
Download your Languages Project Pack
To help you on your way, EducationCity.com has put together a project pack full of facts about France, Spain, Germany and the United Kingdom, as well as some top EducationCity.com activity and tool suggestions.
Download yours here
Note: If zip files are blocked for download at your school, you can download the files individually here:
Don't have EducationCity.com's MFL and EAL modules? Call us on 0844 225 3060 today for your free 21 day trial of our French, Spanish, German and Learn English (EAL) modules, which include Topic Tools, Activities, Videos, Learn Screens and peripheral materials.
Catch us on Twitter too (@EducationCity). We'll have some European Day of Language-related fun tomorrow for you!