Frequently Asked Questions
Explore our most frequently asked questions below. If you still require help, please contact us.
EducationCity provides different users (Admin, Teacher and Students) with different levels of access. Depending on what user you are, you will see different areas.
– complete Classwork and Homework MyCities set by a teacher.
– use the Assessments set by their teachers (school users are unable to use these).
– view their scores in MySuccess.
– pick and play any content.
Please note: You can use the ‘Pick name from a list’ option in school if you want to remove usernames and passwords.
– add, view and edit any students, classes and groups.
– access teacher features, such as the Curriculum Map, MyCity and SuccessTracker.
– view the school’s Preferences.
To add teachers, just visit ‘Manage Users’ and head to the Teachers tab and press ‘Invite Teachers’.
Administrators have full access to a subscription. As well as the features available to Teachers (see above), Administrators can set school-wide preferences, such as:
– the login methods students use.
– print, timer and naming options for content.
To give teachers their logins, you need to make sure they are uploaded, then go to ‘Manage Users’ and press ‘Reset Password’ when you click onto an individual teacher. You can also invite new teachers to use EducationCity if they do not yet have an account.
To hand out student logins for EducationCity, you need to upload your students, then go to ‘Manage Users‘ and find their usernames. To print logins out, you can select all the students and then select the ‘Actions‘ dropdown and choose ‘Print Logins‘. You can also print out a useful letter with their login details included by selecting ‘Print Parent Letter‘.
Whether in school or at home, students can log in by heading to go.educationcity.com and entering their individual logins. Once logged in, scores will be saved for activities and assessments they complete, which teachers can track and monitor.
If your school uses single sign-on (SSO), logging in is slightly different. EducationCity can be accessed through single sign-on via Wonde, Google for Education and Microsoft Office 365 for Education. For more information or to see about other learning platforms, please call us on 01572 725080.
We can remind Teacher and Admin users of their passwords. Simply click ‘Forgotten your login details?’ on the login page.
If your students’ parents need their children’s passwords, they must contact the school. For data protection reasons, we can’t give student login details to parents.
To set lessons on EducationCity, you can either go to MyCity and press ‘New Classwork‘ (you can also set homework too) to provide learning areas for students or choose an assessment to give, which can be done from the homepage.
To set assessments on EducationCity, all you need to do is go to the homepage and select ‘Set Assessment‘. You can choose the subject you want the assessment to be in and the students you would like it to go to. The assessment will appear for students in their account, and you can see all results by heading to SuccessTracker, where you can monitor progress and set any remediation work you may need.
EducationCity has a considerable amount of resources to engage students, and they can access it 24/7 at home so they can take advantage of all that’s on the resource. To keep students engaged, you can give them a Revision Journal from an assessment taken, use PlayLive or Games as rewards, or just let them explore!
There are many ways to see students’ progress in EducationCity. First, you can visit SuccessTracker and see progress on specific content or go to the Tracking tab in MyCities you set up if you want to see an individual MyCity and results for it. Alternatively, you can visit the homepage to get an overview of where students are at with the MyCities you have set for them.
You can download reports from SuccessTracker from individual students that are ideal for parents’ evenings or even share success by sending home certificates that students can achieve from good work.
Revision Journals are fantastic for giving students work to do that they need to improve on and they are all automatically generated from assessments taken. Therefore, Revision Journals are generated from assessments taken on EducationCity and appear in students’ accounts.
Technical Issues and Support
The information below details the settings that we recommend in order for you to have the best experience of EducationCity.
Hardware and Operation System Recommendations
– Screen resolution of 1024 x 768 or above
– Windows 10 or above; Mac OS-X High Sierra Version 10.13.6 or above
– Soundcard must be present and plugged in; relevant drivers installed and functioning
Web Browser Recommendations
We recommend using the latest version of any of the following browsers for faster access, fewer crashes and screen freezes, and improved security:
– Google Chrome
– Apple Safari
– Microsoft Edge
Schools need to allow secure web access and a bandwidth of 1-2 Mbit/s per concurrent user.
Instructions for each of the browsers we support are below:
Select the three dashes in the top right corner, click ‘Settings’ and ‘About Google Chrome’. Chrome will see if there are any updates to install.
Navigate to the ‘Start’ menu, run the ‘Apple Software Update’ program and see if there are updates to install.
Edge automatically updates by default when you upgrade your version of Windows 10.
Yes, EducationCity can be used on tablet devices. For best performance, ensure your device is up to date.
To change preferences and learning settings on your account, click the ‘cog’ icon at the top of the homepage to go to ‘Account Management‘. From here, you can see your subscription information, account settings, integrations and global content settings.
Ensure you whitelist the DNS for everything under educationcity.com. There are various subdomains that are used for different purposes, for example:
– go.educationcity.com – Main resource
– cdn.educationcity.com – Content delivery network
For further help with our DNS settings, please contact us.
Special Educational Needs
Definitely, EducationCity enables teachers to differentiate lesson content according to students’ aptitudes and abilities.
Our Activities, Learn Screens, Topic Tools and Activity Sheets support all the main learning styles using colour, sound, text, audio commentary, animated graphics and interactivity, to appeal to the widest possible range of users.
In addition, often, the operating system’s settings can be used to increase the mouse pointer size on screen or vary the volume of the audio files to help students with visual/auditory issues.
Yes, we consider inclusivity very important here at EducationCity. As such, we:
– cater to different learning styles.
– build on children’s interests and cultural experiences.
– use material that reflects social and cultural diversity and positive images of race, gender and disability.
– deliver consistency in design and functionality.
EducationCity Free Trial
A free trial gives your school unlimited access to EducationCity for 21 days unless otherwise stated. You, your colleagues and students can access the resources free of charge during this time.
There’s no need to cancel your free trial to EducationCity. Your free trial account will expire after 21 days.
A subscription to EducationCity includes all of the following:
– Core subject support including Maths, English and Science learning.
– Online safety resources to educate children on how to use the internet safely.
– Engaging, curriculum-linked primary teaching resources. These include Activities, Learn Screens, PlayLive and more.
– Time-saving planning and marking features. These include MyCity, SuccessTracker and the Curriculum Map.
– Access via all digital devices. As long as you’re connected to the internet, you can use EducationCity on desktop computers, laptops, interactive whiteboards and tablets.
– 24/7 access for users. Teachers can plan and review lessons whenever they choose to, and students can learn anytime, anywhere.
– Free training and support. Our Customer Service Team provides free training and support all year round, including free CPD accredited options.
For more information on our resources, visit our Product Overview page.
As an online organisation with digital technology at the heart of everything we do, online safety for our customers is paramount. EducationCity complies with General Data Protection Regulation as outlined in our Privacy and Data Policy for Schools. You can also view our GDPR Statement here:
Your child needs login details from their school. If you have these, enter them here on our login page. Click here to visit the EducationCity login page.
If you don’t have login details, you must ask your child’s teacher for them – we can’t give them for data protection reasons.
For more information on EducationCity for parents, please visit our parental support page.