That’s why, today, we wanted to explore the many ways you can use EducationCity’s variety of learning resources in your lessons. With over 7,000 resources on EducationCity that can be used flexibly alongside your teaching, there’s plenty of room for new learning adventures!
We’ll be going through some ideas of how you can use the EducationCity resource for a Year 2 class on punctuation, a Year 4 addition class, a Year 2 lesson on plants and a class on e-safety for Year 5.
We hope these give you a number of ideas for new learning journeys, as well as help you see how EducationCity can be used in lessons, and save you time with your lesson planning too because everything is pre-prepared!
Tip: Use the ID numbers below to search for the content on EducationCity and try it all out.
Year 2 Punctuation Class
1. Start with the ‘Ending Sentences’ ThinkIt to introduce the topic of punctuation.
Ending Sentences: #13810 – Write different endings to a sentence using ‘and’.
2. Use the ‘Rapid Rounders’ Learn Screen to gain knowledge of capital letters and full stops.
Rapid Rounders: #12926 – Using capital letters at the start of a sentence and for people’s names, full stops at the end of sentences and question marks for questions.
3. Try the ‘Rapid Rounders’ Activity to support the gained knowledge.
Rapid Rounders: #1792 – Correctly use full stops, question marks and capitalise names and first letters in sentences.
To see some ideas for how you can use the English module for new learning adventures in your lessons for Year 1 and Year 6 students, click here to see our Snippet.
Year 4 Addition Class
1. Begin with the ‘Current Calculations’ Learn Screen to explore the concept of addition with your class.
Current Calculations: #14852 – Solve two-step addition and subtraction problems in contexts.
2. Now try ‘PlayLive Addition’ to reinforce the gained knowledge.
PlayLive Addition: #25988 – Answer addition questions with an answer of a maximum of 50. You have 60 seconds and 3 lives to answer as many questions as you can in this online, quick fire, multiplayer game.
3. Then try the ‘Mental Maths’ Topic Tool to set a customised arithmetic test and see progress.
Mental Maths: #1968 – Set a customised mental maths test.
Take a look at a couple of ideas for how you can use the Maths module in your lessons for Year 2 and Year 5 students, see our Snippet here.
Year 2 Plants Lesson
1. Start with the ‘Changing Plants’ ThinkIt to begin a class discussion on plants.
Changing Plants: #15013 – If you observed this plant for two weeks, what changes might you see?
2. Then use ‘The Roots’ Learn Screen to explore more about plants and their functions.
The Roots: #19960 – See how a plant grows from a seed.
3. Finish with the ‘Grow a Plant’ Topic Tool to feed students’ investigative juices by predicting how a plant might grow.
Grow a Plant: #1911 – Explore the effects of weather, heat and light on the growth of a plant.
Looking for some other ideas for how to use the Science module for your Year 1 and Year 5 students? Take a look at our Snippet for inspiration here.
Year 5 E-Safety Lesson
1. Use the ‘Sharing Online’ Learn Screen to introduce the topic to the classroom.
Sharing Online: #13433 – Developing an awareness of how to communicate safely online.
2. Now use the ‘Consequences’ Activity to test the knowledge gained from the Learn Screen.
Consequences: #19726 – The consequences of inappropriate online behaviour.
3. Next, use the ‘Consequences’ Activity Sheet to boost students’ understanding of e-safety.
Consequences: #19815 – The consequences of inappropriate online behaviour.
Want to see some ideas for how you can use the Computing module in your lessons for Year 2 and 3 students? Our Snippet can help; click here to see it.
These ideas can be used really flexibly in your lessons and there’s plenty more content on these areas to try too! Log in to EducationCity now to try them!