Let’s get right into it!
Before we start, please note that some of these recipe ideas may require adult supervision!
Apple and Yoghurt Ice Lollies
- 4 apples
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 100ml cold water
- 100g caster sugar
- 500g Greek yoghurt
- First, peel, core and chop the apples.
- Then, add these in a saucepan with the water, lemon juice and sugar.
- Cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 15 minutes or until the apples are soft. Set aside to cool.
- Put the mixture into a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Then, slowly fold in the yoghurt.
- Pour the mixture into ice lolly moulds and freeze for 6-8 hours until solid – super simple!
Tip! You could add other fruits if you wanted to as well. Some fresh strawberries might go down a treat!
- 100g plain flour
- 100g mature cheddar cheese (grated)
- 100g butter (softened)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and lightly grease the baking tray.
- Mix all the ingredients together to form a dough (if it’s too dry and not sticking, add a little water).
- Next, roll out onto a floured surface to about 1/2cm deep and using any small shaped cutter, cut out different shapes.
- Bake for about 10 minutes or until a golden colour and cool on a wire rack.
- 2 meringue nests
- 300ml whipping cream (or you can use double cream)
- 1 tbsp icing sugar (optional)
- Chopped strawberries (any soft fruit works – raspberries, blueberries, etc.)
- Fresh mint (to serve – optional)
- Whip the cream in a large bowl until it’s thick and sticks to the spoon and stir in the icing sugar (if used).
- Crush the meringues into the bowl and stir gently.
- Add the chopped fruit and stir again until just combined.
- Spoon into serving dishes and enjoy!
We hoped you enjoyed these summertime recipes!