To help teachers prepare their students for the check, we’ve put together some top tips…
Phonics Screening Check Topic Tool
Perfect for creating a practical check for real and alien words, the Phonics Screening Check Topic Tool helps students develop their phonics skills.
- Flexible for teachers: you can select the words to include in the test (CVC, CVCC, etc.) which means it’s super simple to personalise it to your needs.
- Perfect preparation: the tool follows the format of the test itself, with the same use of alien words for identifying pseudo words.
- View performance: as the test will pull a list of the words read correctly and incorrectly, you can view your students’ strengths and weaknesses.
Phonics Dictionary Topic Tool
Great for reinforcing students’ phonic knowledge of how to decode words and for investigating phonemes and graphemes, the Phonics Dictionary is great phonics practice.
- Choose a sound from the Phoneme Bank: you can choose from a range of sounds, you can focus on the ones your students are really struggling with.
- Listen to the sounds: with the tool, you can hear words being sounded out with emphasis on phonemes.
There is a whole range of engaging phonics Activities in the English module that are available via Letters and Sounds, Jolly Phonics and Read Write. They’re great for phonics practice!
- Fun, engaging animation: Activities have enjoyable, interactive animation to engage younger students in their learning.
- Track students’ progress: track your class’ Activity scores from completed phonics content in SuccessTracker.