Everyone give a cheer! Earth Day is here! Each year since 1970, Earth Day is celebrated on April 22. On Earth Day, events are held around the world to bring attention to the need for environmental protection and to celebrate the beauty of the planet.
To mark the occasion, we have some Topical Resources to share with your class.
What’s in the Pack?
Your topical teaching resources includes:
- 3 Fact Sheets: Read about the background of Earth Day, how long it takes waste to break down, and learn about carbon footprints.
- 1 ThinkIt: Discuss how using different forms of transportation help the environment .
- 1 Activity Sheet with Answers: Encourage students to create thier own Earth Day acrostic.
- 2 Lesson Plans: Experiment to determine how much carbon monoxide is producted from different cars, and consider how green your school is.
- 1 Reference Sheet
- 3 Posters: These printable posters come in color or in black in white.