Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. was one of the most important figures in the American Civil Rights movement, and believed that with love and peace, the world could become a better place for all. We now celebrate the life and impact of Dr. King every year on the third Monday of January, reflecting on his “I Have a Dream” speech, and the many accomplishments made possible by the implementation of the 1964 Civil Rights Act.
To mark the occasion, we have some Topical Resources to share with your class.
What’s in the Pack?
Your topical teaching resources includes:
- 2 Lesson Plans: Learn about the life of Dr. King and interpret his famous “I Have a Dream Speech.”
- 2 Fact Sheets: Understand the life and achievments of Martin Luther King Jr.
- 2 Activity Sheets: Think about what you would say to Dr. King if you met him and your dream to make our country a better place.
- 2 ThinkIts: Discuss why we celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day and his famous speech.
- Poster: Display this in your classroom to celebrate Martin Luther King Jr. Day.