We understand when trying out a new online resource, that it can be a little daunting until you get to grips with how to use it to best suit you and your students’ needs.
Once you’re all set and logged in, it’s time to get started!
Firstly, upload teachers and students…
In Manage Users, you can upload Students and Teachers. You can bulk upload new classes and teachers via Upload and Edit or even add individual users by pressing Add Student/Teacher – super important so both students and teachers can access EducationCity using their own logins.
Now, be sure to take a good look at these handy hints to help you get the most out of this time-saving resource:
- Search for content to support learning objectives by using the ‘Search Content’ button and filter to find content that supports specific learning objectives that align to the curriculum you’re teaching.
- Personalise your students’ learning with some great features like SuccessTracker and MyRevision to tailor to your students’ individual needs.
- Set work in advance where you can easily target, plan and set Classwork or Homework in advance via the MyCity feature. You can even use the ‘Add to MyCity’ button to drop content into MyCities, making planning easier.
- Track and monitor progress to identify individual students strengths and weaknesses with their work, to then support you with your next stages of planning
- Access great info and resources via the Teacher Area, which is full of info about new content and User Guides. You can also theme work around events or special days with our popular free resource packs.
- Get help and support easily, by either clicking on the ‘?’ at the top right-hand side of the page (to access handy User Guides!) or head down to the bottom of the page to the Live Chat feature to speak to a member of our team.
Unsure what each of the features are? Take a look at our content video which tells you a little more.
If you’d like some additional support to find out how you can use EducationCity to suit your teaching needs, you can book a free, online training session. Simply give us a call on +44 (0)1572 725080 to book in your session today!