The countdown has begun! Many students and teachers are getting super excited for a well-deserved and much needed holiday.
As the school year winds down, classes do too. We’ve been catching up with a few teachers to ask them what they do with their classes to wind down for summer. Take a look at what they said below – and see if you do them too!
- Get your class to jot down their best bits: time to reflect on the year! What did your students improve on? What did they enjoy most?
- Play some fun games: classes can get outside on the school field and bring board games in to play.
- Film time! Are your class fans of any particular films? An afternoon of fun films is the perfect way to wind down.
- Sunny summer fetes: does your school have a summer fete so your students can celebrate summer? Roll up the tombola and the lucky dip!
- Write a passport: new classes are asked to fill out a ‘Passport to their New Academic Year’ so teachers can start to get to know their new students.
- Set a summer diary: set a summer diary for new classes to fill in so you can reflect on what they did when they come back after the holidays.
- Sack race or the egg and spoon… it’s Sports Day: does your school have a Sports Day at the end of the year? It’s no secret that these days can get quite competitive between the teachers, let alone the students!
7.5 Tip top teacher – you bring in gifts! Chocolate or pencils? A farewell to your class comes with gifts being given out to each and every student – what a fantastic class you’ve had!