As the school year starts to wind down, we wanted to share some fun activities we think schools do at the end of the school year.
- Get your class to jot down their highlights: time to reflect on the year! What did your students improve on? What did they enjoy most? Do they have any memorable moments? Ask students to create a story or poem about what they have learnt or the experiences they have had during the year.
- Play some games: classes can get outside on the school field and bring board games in to play – super fun!
- Film time! Are your class movie fans? An afternoon of fun films is the perfect way to wind down. Our personal favourites are anything Disney!
- Hold an awards ceremony: Celebrate your students’ achievements and hard work by holding a fun event to provide each student with a certificate/goodies celebrating what makes them special.
- Write a letter: Ask students to write a letter to the new students you’ll teach next year. What advice would they give on how they can do well in your class?
- Sports Day fun! does your school have a Sports Day at the end of the year? It’s a great time to get all the school together for a day of fun-filled action.
Are there any other things you do at the end of the school year? Why not let us know by tweeting them to @EducationCity? It would be great to hear your thoughts!