With the Key Stage 2 SATs Week and Phonics Screening Check Week fast approaching, we want to remind schools how EducationCity can be used to help prepare your students and give them the best chance of success in their upcoming tests. There are several areas of our resource which can be used to support children’s preparation for these ‘tests’ …
SuccessTracker, Activities, Learn Screens and Activity Sheets
- Our Activities, Learn Screens and Activity Sheets for Literacy and Mathematics can be used as revision exercises for students to reinforce their knowledge and skills in preparation for SATs.
- You can also use the data available in your SuccessTracker area to see where individual students may be experiencing difficulties. Once identified, these areas for improvement can be targeted with myCities, either for individual students or groups of students, to give them the extra practice they need with specific concepts or skills.
Letters and Sounds
- Our engaging Letters and Sounds Activities can be used to support teaching and learning, and complement other work being undertaken, to help children improve their phonics knowledge.
Tests and Revision Pathways
Our Tests for Maths and Science are the primary assessment tool to assess students' progress within EducationCity. They:
- Are great SATs practice and proven to help raise attainment levels (Bradford Study).
- Are suitable for summative and diagnostic assessment. Each test is scored, levelled (according to the National Curriculum) and saved to pupils' profiles.
- Generate bespoke ‘Revision Pathways’ for each student, specifically addressing weak areas. This is not only a great learning tool, but also a fantastic time saver for teachers.
Our Tests are accessible via the Subject Select page. They are available for Years 3 – 6 for Maths, and Years 5 and 6 for Science.
‘For teachers, the ability to test-assign differentiated activities and monitor progress within EducationCity is fantastic.’ Peter Winter, Monteney Primary School, Sheffield
12th to 15th May – Key Stage 2 Test Week
2nd to 13th June – Science Sampling Tests (selected schools only)
16th to 20th June – Phonics Screening Check Week
Monday 30th June – Last chance to download optional tests for Years 3, 4 and 5 from STA’s order line: www.orderline.education.gov.uk