Today, we’re going to be focussing on PlayLive Spanish, a new update in the Winter Release, and one which has joined PlayLive Maths, English and French to become the newest addition to the PlayLive family!
What’s PlayLive Spanish?
Like all of the PlayLive series, PlayLive Spanish is an interactive quiz for students to test their language skills and knowledge against others within a timed, competitive environment. PlayLive Spanish tests Key Stage 2 students on Spanish language and culture and with the National Curriculum making learning a foreign language compulsory, it’s a fab new addition to EducationCity!
How Does PlayLive Spanish Help Teachers?
- Practise your Spanish: it gives students practice of spoken and written language in a fun and engaging way. What’s more, the questions are presented in Spanish, with audio, text and visual clues to help students answer them.
- Variety of topics: topics are varied to reinforce learning and they range from leisure and animals to travel, fashion and people.
- Different questions: spoken by native Spanish speakers so students have accurate pronunciation, the substantial question bank means students can visit the resource many times and get a unique experience.
- Encourages improved students’ performance: it provides feedback for all questions answered. Designed for KS2, the difficulty levels are broken down into Years 3, 4, 5 and 6 with more advanced questions asked the higher you go, helping to maximise learning!
Where Can I Find PlayLive Spanish?
Click here to find out more+
You can find PlayLive Spanish in the Spanish modules on EducationCity!
- England: Years 3, 4, 5 and 6
- Scotland: First**, First***, Second* & Second**
- Wales: Years 3, 4, 5 and 6
- N. Ireland: P4, P5, P6, P7
Pat Mainprize, Education Lead at EducationCity, says: “PlayLive Spanish is played against the clock so it helps develop quick recall, speed of response and encourages students to listen more carefully to the questions posed.”