EducationCity.com are pleased to announce that new ThinkIts content have been released!
The content consists of 12 Maths ThinkIts and 12 Literacy ThinkIts. Science ThinkIts will also be released later this month.
The new content will appear in:
- England: Year 4
- Scotland: First ***
- Wales: Year 4
- N. Ireland: P5
What are ThinkIts?
ThinkIts are quick activities whose content varies in nature from static images to sound clips to animations. Each piece of content is comprised of two slides, titled question and answer. The question slide will pose a question, or give a task or conundrum. There is not necessarily a definitive answer in all cases, so the answer slide may provide suggestions or examples instead. The content is designed for pupils to consider independently or in groups, and to then perhaps discuss with guidance.
ThinkIts are designed to be used on a whiteboard as an open-ended activity.
Here are a few ideas:
• It could be used to occupy fast finishers
• It could be used when transitioning from one subject or activity to another
• It could be used as a morning starter
• It could be used as children return from break or assembly so they are instantly engaged in thinking and learning
• It could be also be used as the main content focus for a lesson
Since being launched in September 2011, ThinkIts have had 225,000 hits and so far in 2012, the weekly usage has been between 10,000 and 13,000 hits, showing that ThinkIts are popular in the classroom!