We love hearing from all of you on Twitter. It’s great to hear how you’re getting on and we especially like to see pictures of students using EducationCity in the classroom!
Whether you’re a tweeting pro, or new to the Twitter scene, we wanted to share a few of the reasons why we think Twitter is great for classroom use…
- Share the news with parents: let parents know about your school’s account so they can keep up-to-date with what your class is doing.
- Connect with others: if you can, use Twitter to share your classroom adventures, events and classwork with others. Don’t forget to use those hashtags to spread the word!
- Hashtags: trending topics and themes are often covered in a few or single words. To get involved, check out the homepage on the left hand side, where the latest trends will be listed, or simply type ‘#’ into search.
Did you know some of the most used education hashtags are #EdChat, #EdTech and #Elearning? Make sure you search for these to keep updated with the educational world.
- Retweeting: retweet things to your followers – this may be a link, tweet, picture of an educational quote, news piece or just something you know your followers will like.
- Images: adding an eye-catching image to your tweet can really make it stand out. Images are great to use if you can’t say everything you want in a single tweet – try it out!
- Notifications: a great way to get more involved with the Twitter community is to keep track of followers and mentions in your notifications. Good one to keep an eye on!
Don’t forget to tweet us @EducationCity – we’d love to hear from you!