Check out our preview of all the new and exciting things we’ll be sharing with our friends at Bett 2013 at London’s ExCel (January 30th to February 2nd). Visit our stand for a friendly demonstration, on the spot tutorial and a host of great presentations! You can find us on Stand D300.
Click to find out more about:
The Play Live Challenge! +
Challenge your Maths and Literacy skills on our stand’s Play Live stations. Designed to develop and increase speed and skill at answering mental maths games and spelling activities, your challenge is to answer as many mental arithmetic or spelling questions as you can as fast as you can in 60 seconds! Cool prizes to be won for your classroom for the highest scoring teacher. Visit the stand to find out more and take our challenge…
Create, Express and Explore! +
Read all about it, EducationCity.com launches a brand new content type, Student Tools! Student Tools are open-ended online tools, which are designed to let children create and explore at their own pace, and cover areas of the curriculum where freedom of expression and exploration are integral to the learning goal. They are great fun to use, and when completed can be printed out or downloaded.
There are currently five fantastic Student Tools within EducationCity.com. These are: Let’s Sketch Superheroes, Let’s Sketch Shapes, Let’s Sketch Plants, Let’s Sketch Weather and Let’s Sketch Plants for EAL. Read more…
New Videos for Learn English +
Learn English videos provide an exciting new resource for New to English pupils.
- Rosa and Klara, our EducationCity.com characters interview three EAL Advanced pupils about common experiences.
- The interviews have been designed to reinforce question and answer sentence structures, colloquial vocabulary and use of present simple tense.
- They include helpful teacher features such as a Dictionary, a Script to download, worksheets for further practice and Teacher Notes and Lesson Plans to make the most of Learn English Videos in your lesson.
Where on EducationCity.com is…? +
Many of our customers have said they want a quicker way to find specific material, especially with all the new content we are adding onto the site all the time. We have addressed this with the rather great Search feature.
If you’re just looking for activity sheets, or want to browse all of our content to do with colours (but only for French) our NEW Search feature is for you!
You can find it in under Teacher Area > Teacher Features.
Brand new Staffroom and Portal Area +
We have been working hard at improving our Help and Training area the Staffroom and our front end website (that you may use to log in). These areas have been re-designed to improve usability, functionality and make your user experience a whole lot better! If you’re reading this then you’re probably on them now; we hope you enjoy!
What’s happening in 2013 +
The production, creative and development teams are working hard at creating lots of exciting new content for 2013 including:
- 9 x Student Tools
- 20 x Topic Tools
- 138 x Activities
- 38 x Learn Screens
- 224 x ThinkIts
That’s more than a piece of brand new content added to the resource each day of the year!
Programming – It’s Child’s Play! +
Introducing an exclusive preview of EducationCity.com’s brand new and first programming tool at Bett 2013, Code Crunch.
- Can be used to support the current and the proposed National Curriculum for Mathematics
- Elicits pupils’ creative thinking and problem solving skills
- Can be used to support the draft ICT curriculum
“If you really want to check you understand math then write a program to do it.” – Conrad Wolfram*
Visit our stand for a demonstration and join James Lison, our Code Crunch Producer and Rob Ellis, Educational Consultant for our Programming – It’s Child’s Play presentation, Thursday 31st Jan at 12.30pm, Stand D300. Limited edition mugs are up for grabs for attendees whilst stocks last!
Topical Resources: Bett Showcase with NSEW project pack launch at Bett +
A teacher’s favourite, Topical Resources are back in 2013 with lots more exciting FREE content. Bett 2013 sees the launch of the National Science and Engineering Week (NSEW) Project Pack, exploring the ideas behind this year’s theme of ‘Invention & Discovery’.
- Includes Lesson Ideas that get pupils designing a house of the future, ThinkIts that ask pupils what they would do to help save the planet and helpful Fact Sheets to guide teachers on the topics.
- The project pack aims to foster an understanding in children of how things are discovered and invented and the impact that these inventions then have on the world.
- With so much content on offer, the NSEW Project Pack provides some first steps in engendering a love of discovery in children that might just lead to the next great invention of the future.
Visit our stand at Bett 2013, D300 at ExCel, London for a friendly demonstration, on the spot tutorials and our fantastic Play Live Challenge!
*Strategic and International Director, Wolfram Research and proponent of the reform of mathematics education through greater use of information technology