Happy Friday everyone! As it is Friday, we thought we would have a special guest blog from our lovely EducationCity.com trainers, Jessica and Ellen. Today, they have decided to focus on Topic Tools, a favourite topic of Jessica’s!
What are Topic Tools?
- Topic Tools are specifically designed for use on interactive whiteboards. They can also be powerful learning tools when used by students on their computers.
- Topic Tools offer teachers the freedom to teach a topic at a level and pace perfectly suited to their students.
- Topic Tools can be used for differentiated instruction in the classroom.
- Topic Tools can be used to introduce new concepts to students before they work on the related activities.
Where can I find them?
- England: Maths & Literacy F2 up, Science & MFL Year 1 up, Learn English all of KS2.
- Scotland: Maths, Science & English Early** up, MFL First* up, Learn English all of Second level.
- Wales: English & Maths Reception up, Science & MFL Year 2 up, Learn English Year 3 up.
- N. Ireland: Literacy & Numeracy P1 up, Science & MFL P3 up, Learn English P5 up.
Did you know that you can save content into Topic Tools?
Here are a few examples of how you could use this feature:
- Creating a Mind Map (Science & Literacy/English) and saving progress to continue another day
- Setting up spelling lists in the Word Search or Speed Read tools (Literacy/English).
- Saving a text or poem into the Text Features Tool (Literacy/English) in advance of your lesson to save time setting things up to teach.
- Setting up customised tests in the Mental Maths Tool (Maths).
- Saving songs into the Teleprompter ready for assemblies.